Mix up taco night with these sheet-pan chicken and shrimp tacos! They’re easy to make, packed with protein, and full of taco flavor. With minimal prep work or clean up, these will be a new weeknight favorite.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These chicken and shrimp tacos require only 4 ingredients and cook in under 15 minutes. They’re also high in protein, low in sodium, and gluten-free. Simply combine the ingredients, spread onto a baking sheet, and serve with your favorite taco toppings. This one-pan recipe means fewer dishes and faster cleanup!
These chicken and shrimp tacos are:
On their own (without the options for serving), one serving of these chicken and shrimp tacos provides:
- 161 calories
- 3 grams carbohydrate
- 19 grams protein
- 230 mg sodium.
Add your favorite veggies to boost the fiber content for a complete meal!
What You’ll Need for Chicken and Shrimp Tacos
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Paring knife
- Mixing bowl
- Shrimp: Shrimp is a great source of lean protein, providing 20 grams of protein and only 106 calories per 3.5 ounces (1). I used one 12-oz. package of raw jumbo shrimp for this recipe. Make sure the shrimp are thawed prior to making the recipe, by placing them in the refrigerator the night before, or in a bowl of water 20-30 minutes beforehand.
- Chicken: Chicken is also a great protein source, with 23 grams protein and 107 calories per 3.5 ounces (2). You’ll need 8 oz. of boneless skinless chicken breast for this recipe, which is equivalent to approximately 2 chicken breasts.
- Extra-virgin olive oil: Use extra-virgin olive oil for preparing the shrimp and chicken. “Extra-virgin” ensures that the olives have been cold-pressed (without heat or chemicals) for the highest nutritional quality.
- Taco seasoning: You’ll need 1 ½ – 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning for this recipe, which is equivalent to approximately one taco seasoning packet. Choose a low-sodium taco seasoning, or make a batch of low-sodium taco seasoning that has no added salt, sugar, gluten, or other fillers that are commonly found in store-bought seasoning.
- Taco Shells: Choose your favorite taco shell for these chicken and shrimp tacos such as romaine lettuce leaves for a low-carb option, gluten-free corn tortillas, or other tortillas of choice. I used corn tortillas for this recipe.
- Optional Toppings: Salsa, guacamole, plain Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, shredded cheese, black beans, lime wedges, and habanero chili corn are some of my favorites.
How to Make Chicken and Shrimp Tacos
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2: Remove the shells and tails from the shrimp. Rinse the shrimp under water, then pat dry with a paper towel. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Step 3: Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and add to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Step 4: Add the olive oil and taco seasoning to the chicken and shrimp, and stir to combine.
- Step 5: Spread the chicken and shrimp into an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Step 6: Assemble with your favorite taco fixings and enjoy!
Storing and Reheating Chicken and Shrimp Tacos
The chicken and shrimp can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, or in the oven at 375F for 15 minutes.
All toppings should be stored in their own containers separately from the chicken and shrimp.
Other Ways to Use Leftover Chicken and Shrimp Tacos
- Chicken and shrimp taco bowls
- Chicken and shrimp taco salads
- Chicken and shrimp fajitas
- Chicken and shrimp tacos with slaw
Chicken and Shrimp Tacos
For the Tacos
Options For Serving
- Taco Shells: romaine lettuce leaves, corn tortillas shells, or other tortillas of choice
- Veggies: salsa, avocado, guacamole, chopped cilantro, diced onion, shredded lettuce, diced bell peppers, black beans, other fresh veggies of choice
- Dairy: Plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheddar cheese
- Crunchy: Love Corn habanero chili or cheesy corn
- Garnish: limes, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the shells and tails from the shrimp and discard. Rinse the shrimp under cool water. Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and add to the mixing bowl.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and add to the bowl with the shrimp.
- Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 ½ Tbsp. taco seasoning to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spread into an even layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional taco seasoning if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the chicken and shrimp are cooked through.
- Assemble with your favorite taco fixings and enjoy!